Sunday, January 20, 2008

10 excuses not to write & 10 reasons why you should!

1) I don't have time. (You only need to sit still for few minutes!)
2) My partner/kid/dog/cat/gerbil want my attention. (You can close the door for a few minutes, can't you?)
3) I work all day, I'm too tired. (Yeah, I can relate! But don't let your job stop you from accomplishing your dreams!)
4) I never took writing classes. (Well, write anyway! You can only get better!)
5) I'm too hungry! (That's what cookies are for! Don't get crumbs on your keyboard!)
6) My best friend says my writing is lousy. (Maybe he or she is envious of your determination!)
7) I want to play with my kids! (Play then! But get in a few minutes of writing after bedtime)
8) I still don't have any time! (Are you focusing on what's important? Maybe less T.V.or mail?)
9) I can't think of anything to write. (Then grab a stack of books and magazines and read. What fascinates you?)
10) I'm still planning, but my idea isn't perfect yet. (And it never will be---until you begin. Jump in headfirst and correct course on the way! )

No comments:

The how and the why of writing fiction

It's easier and harder than you imagine